Although this website is new; the CSGB has been running continuously for nearly 90 years! You can read all about the history of the society here. There are many benefits to joining the society but here are just a few:
- Encourage collectors to come together to share information and to chat about cards
- Maintain links and share research with card collectors overseas
- Have a wide range of reference books for sale, detailing all known tobacco issues and UK trade cards, with discounts for members
- Maintain a fantastic library of books, magazines, and papers, which members can borrow
- Publish a regular bi-monthly, printed, colour A5 size magazine called ‘Card World’
- Run an annual competition “The Cartophilic Cup”, where members select the best article of the year
- Have local branches and clubs throughout the UK who host regular meetings, fairs and auctions
- Host a huge annual card fair, which moves around England so that local collectors can visit every few years (members can attend this free of charge and go in earlier than the general public)
- Have a bi-monthly members-only card auction, with no buyers premiums for members
Every card collector (regardless of whereabouts in the world you are!) is welcome to join the Society. Recently, realising that postage is growing ever more expensive, we began to offer worldwide subscriptions online. It is too early to say if it will be extended to UK members, but we welcome your opinions. You can read more about this scheme here: https://www.card-world.co.uk/online-membership-now-available/
By joining Our Society,
You will certainly get more pleasure from Your hobby.
And with Your help, the work of Our Society will continue,
to the benefit of ALL who appreciate cards.
A dilemma. Imagine you are, or know a card collector who lives outside the UK, who would be really interested to join us, were it not for the high cost of the overseas subscription? If only there was a way to reduce this cost. And now there is!
No of course it's not too early. In fact it's never too early to mention the most exciting type of Christmas Cards. So if your club is joining in with any kind of Christmas festivities don't be shy, tell us and we will add the details
The winners are Reading Club - who have announced their first two next year`s dates already. These are: JANUARY 9th, 2020 and JANUARY 28th 2020 For full details visit www.readingpostcards.com
Anyone want to buy a large cricket collection. Only joking! That is what I wrote on the Saturday afternoon of the 3rd Ashes Test. As you will know, England managed a magnificent 67 all out in their 1st innings, with only Root and Bairstow out to goo