The home of the Cartophilic Society of Great Britain

West Country

Our much missed West Country Branch was founded in 1973 by Peter Wood, newly moved to the area, who started off as both Club Secretary and Treasurer. Based in Somerset, the Branch met at various venues including Taunton, Bath, and latterly at The Conservative Club in Keynsham High Street, where meetings took place on Sundays from 2.00pm-5.00pm. Their annual rally was held at the Community Centre, in Yate, near Bristol. 

Peter Wood retired as Secretary in 2006 and was deservedly made a Life Member of The Cartophilic Society. He passed away in 2017. The Branch had continued until 2013, and then closed. The sad proclamation was delivered at our Woking Convention. The reason for its closure was a lack of collectors with time to assist with general organisational duties. 

(our featured card is no.23 of Carreras School Emblems, 1929)

Latest News