Although this website is new, we, the Cartophilic Society of Great Britain, have many years of history behind us, which you can read of in our archive. Now if you look at that word “archive” it’s underlined, blue, and bold. It’s a link. If you spot one, click on it, and you’ll be whirled to another page! But remember to come back!
So here we are, in the 21st Century, and look, we are now online !
But who are we, and what do we do?
- encourage collectors to come together to share information and to chat about cards
- maintain links and share research with card collectors overseas
- have the World’s largest card database, if you count all of the cards owned by all of our members
- have a wide range of printed, world famous, reference books for sale, with discounts for members
- maintain a fantastic library of books, magazines, and papers, which members can borrow
- publish a regular bi-monthly, printed, colour A5 size magazine called ‘Card World’, written by members
- run an annual competition “The Cartophilic Cup”, where members select the best article of the year!
- have local branches and clubs throughout the UK who host regular meetings, fairs and auctions
- host a huge annual card fair, which roams around England so that local collectors can visit every few years (members can attend this free of charge and go in earlier than the general public)
- have a bi-monthly members-only card auction, with no buyers premiums
- endeavour to publicise dates of all card related auctions, fairs, and goings on, country-wide
- are building an online pictorial gallery of cards, listed alphabetically by issuer
- have an online forum where anyone (not just members) can ask card related questions or ask advice
Every card collector, world-wide, is welcome to join the Society
By joining, you will certainly get more pleasure from your hobby
With your help, the work of the Society will continue, to the benefit of all who appreciate cards.
Younger members are definitely welcomed –
those new issues YOU collect should be recorded for generations yet to come.
We aim to upload something for everyone who loves cards.
But if something you collect is missing, please tell us
Well, my last jottings about the cricket almost came back to haunt me! The West Indies managed to win the 2nd test, albeit in my opinion with the help of an extremely generous declaration from Joe Root. I said to my wife, whilst watching the highligh
As previously announced, the 2018 event will be held on the 28th – 29th April at the Lynnsport & Leisure Park, Greenpark Avenue, King’s Lynn, PE30 2NB. Once again this year it takes place on a Saturday & Sunday. In previous years the Soci
*Prices Realised now added* From ‘the collection’ this time come Lots 14 – 56. Again, some quite scarce and some quite costly items. Among all these cards, only one do I describe as ‘Fair’, which illustrates the general condition from th